The Mission of the HWRSD is to educate our children to become young adults who are of good character and demonstrate mastery of the knowledge and skills needed to be successful members of our global economy and engaged citizens of the 21st Century.
Vision statement: describes the desired state of the system in the next five years. It is more specific in nature. It is an expression of possibility, yet based enough in reality to be achievable. Its purpose is to inspire those involved and interested individuals to help it become a reality. It provides the basis from which the school system determines the priorities and establishes targets for performance in the next five years; that is, yearly district and School Improvement Plan (SIP) goals result directly from the vision.
Through the development of an integrated, data-responsive system of curriculum, instruction, assessment and professional development, the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District will be a world-class learning organization that graduates students who are well-prepared to meet the post-secondary challenges of the 21st Century economy and are engaged members of our global society.
Motto of the HWRSD
Knowledge • Respect • Responsibility • Excellence
Core Beliefs: are the values that professionals in an organization draw from. Unlike the vision, which may change every few years, core beliefs are the philosophies that guide our day-to-day work.
HWRSD Statement of Core Beliefs
- We believe in high standards for all students.
- We believe successful members of our global economy and engaged citizens of the 21st Century are effective communicators, collaborative, critical thinkers, and problem-solvers.
- We believe engaged citizens of the 21st Century demonstrate respect for themselves, other people and their cultures, and our environment.
- We believe in our shared responsibility to develop the whole child, including academic abilities and physical and emotional well-being.
- We believe students can demonstrate success in a variety of ways.
- We believe all students learn resilience and confidence through learning in an environment that provides a balance of support and challenge.
- We believe learning is a lifelong pursuit that neither begins nor ends with one’s formal education.
- We believe education is the key to continuing the democratic ideals of our Nation.
Students will demonstrate awareness, sensitivity, concern, and respect for the culture, experiences, feelings, and opinions of all individuals. They will seek to understand and value others’ life stories to make meaningful connections.